Arrangement to and from Cervinia

Hihi,

To Cervinia:
As the organizer has arranged shuttle to get to Cervinia on 6 Sept, I think that’s fine.

From Grachen:
9 Sept: As the race finishes in Grachen on 9 Sept, does it mean we need to book a hotel room in Grachen for the night 9th? As I can’t see any transport arrangement for that day both by the organizer and by public transport. However which means our luggage will be left in Cervinia for the night.
10 Sept: There’s shuttle bus from Grachen to Cervinia. Is this to transfer the 116k participants to get back to Cervinia?

Leaving Cervinia:
10/11 Sept: I checked the travel options online, it’s actually very complicated by public transport to anywhere… which requires at least 4 changes to Genevia. Anyone would like to share a car?

Thanks!

Amber from HK

Hello Amber,

Yes, it is best that you plan to stay in Grächen on 9th September.

Unclear from your message but if you are returning to Geneva airport then it is very easy by public transport from Grächen. There is no need to return to Cervinia, the shuttle is for runners who may have left a car there. Have a look at www.sbb.ch/en for train times from Grächen to Geneva Airport. The train goes directly to the airport.

Further information on our travel page: https://www.ultratourmonterosa.com/travel-2/

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,
Lizzy

Hi Lizzy,

Im participating in the 116km run and will be staying in Cervinia for the start. My wife is accompanying me, and planning to travel directy from Cervinia to Graechen, after the race starts on Sep 8th.

We’re not hiring a car, so she needs to take public transports. Is this advisable and how long would the journey take, typically? Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks

KR,
Khairul

Hi Khairul,

Public transport is a little complicated. We will offer a bus shuttle from Cervinia to Grächen on Friday 8th at 0700 for supporters. We will email at the beginning of July with details on how to book this.

I hope this helps!
best wishes,
Lizzy

Hi Lizzy, that sounds wonderful! and certainly a relief

Thanks

KR,
Khairul